Let’s keep this simple
— by showing you examples of what to eat and drink before, during and after your game or competition. Or to put another way: here’s how to prime, perform and recover!
Here’s your pre-game game plan.
WHAT TO EAT
Choose easy to digest, simple foods. Keep fat and fiber low. Avoid strong spices. The closer you are to your workout, the lighter your food choices should be.
- Fruit smoothie made with yogurt or milk
- Half peanut butter and banana sandwich
- Orange and a cheese stick
- Hard-boiled egg and
- Baby carrots
- Bowl of cold cereal with milk
- Easily digestible carb-based bar
WHAT TO DRINK
- Enjoy water or milk with all of your meals and snacks
- Carry a water bottle with you throughout the day
- Drink 8-12 ounces about 15 minutes prior to exercising or the start of a game